- 1 Is Stow-on-the-Wold worth visiting?
- 2 What shops are in Stow-on-the-Wold?
- 3 What does Stow-on-the-Wold mean?
- 4 Where is lunch in Stow-on-the-Wold?
- 5 What is the prettiest town in the Cotswolds?
- 6 What are the prettiest villages in the Cotswolds?
- 7 Can you walk from Stow on the Wold to Bourton on the Water?
- 8 What is Stow famous for?
- 9 How far is Stow on the Wold from Bourton on the Water?
- 10 Is Stow the same as Stow on the Wold?
- 11 What celebrities live in the Cotswolds?
- 12 Why is it called stow on side?
- 13 Where should I eat lunch in Cotswolds?
Is Stow-on-the-Wold worth visiting?
Well worth a visit, Stow is a pretty old market town with immense character. The market square offers some exceptional views and many of the surrounding shops have real character, with no sign of multiple retailers found on most high streets.
What shops are in Stow-on-the-Wold?
5 Shops We Love in Stow-on-the-Wold
- The Original Gift Company.
- The Borzoi Bookshop.
- Tudor House Antiques.
- The Cotswold Cheese Company.
- Cotswold Sweet Company.
What does Stow-on-the-Wold mean?
Stow-on-the-Wold is an ancient Cotswold Wool Town situated beside The Fosse Way, a Roman road that runs from Exeter to Lincoln in an almost straight line. The word ‘ wold ‘ as in Cotswold means hills, so Stow-on-the-Wold simply means Holy Place on the Hill.
Where is lunch in Stow-on-the-Wold?
Expand your search.
- The Old Bakery Tearoom. 927 reviewsClosed today.
- Cotswold Baguettes. 320 reviewsClosed Now.
- The Hive. 553 reviewsClosed today.
- Lucy’s Tearoom and B&B. 1,004 reviewsOpen Now.
- The Talbot. 544 reviewsOpen Now.
- Sheep on Sheep Street. 493 reviewsOpen Now.
- The Bell at Stow. 955 reviewsOpen Now.
- The Queens Head.
What is the prettiest town in the Cotswolds?
Tucked away in Wiltshire in the southern Cotswolds, Castle Combe has been described not only as the prettiest village in the Cotswolds, but as the prettiest village in all of England.
What are the prettiest villages in the Cotswolds?
Whether you’re simply passing through or enjoying a holiday here, don’t miss out on visiting some of the prettiest villages in the Cotswolds.
- Castle Combe.
- Chipping Campden.
Can you walk from Stow on the Wold to Bourton on the Water?
This linear walk joins these two picturesque Cotswolds village using a series of waymarked footpaths. The route runs for a distance of just over 4 miles, descending from the higher village of Stow on the Wold to the tourist honeypot of Bourton on the Water.
What is Stow famous for?
Stow -on the-Wold is the highest of the Cotswold towns standing exposed on 800 feet high Stow Hill at a junction of seven major roads, including the Roman Fosse Way. At the height of the Cotswold wool industry the town was famous for its huge annual fairs where as many as 20,000 sheep were sold at one time.
How far is Stow on the Wold from Bourton on the Water?
The distance between Stow-on-the-Wold and Bourton-on-the-Water is 4 miles. 4
Is Stow the same as Stow on the Wold?
Given its exposed spot on the top of Stow Hill, the town is often referred to as ” Stow on the Wold, where the winds blow cold.”
What celebrities live in the Cotswolds?
|CELEBRITIES IN THE COTSWOLDS|
|Marion Chesney||Jeremy Clarkson||Jilly Cooper|
|Alan Coxon||Hugh Grant||Elizabeth Hurley|
|Alex James||Stella McCartney||J K Rowling|
|F. LaGard Smith||Patrick Stewart||Kate Winslet|
Why is it called stow on side?
Stow-on-Side Maybe it’s a nod to the infinite diversity in infinite combinations that makes up the fabric of the British Isles! With Andean pan pipe-style music, because that always goes down well.
Where should I eat lunch in Cotswolds?
21 Restaurants We Love in the Cotswolds
- The Wild Rabbit, Kingham.
- The Porch House, Stow-on-the-Wold.
- The Potting Shed Pub, Crudwell.
- Lords of the Manor, Upper Slaughter.
- Purslane, Cheltenham.
- Le Champignon Sauvage, Cheltenham.
- The Wild Duck Inn, Cirencester.
- Dormy House, Broadway.